Saturday, February 5, 2011

Right Place, Right Time

Most of the time I deliberately go out to take photos of a specific nature. Once in a while, everything aligns and I find myself in the right place, at the right time, to take what I think is a great photo.

In this case, I was at a friends wedding. I had taken a few photos at the ceremony at the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, so my camera, my trusty Panasonic Lumix LX3, was on me. After the ceremony we had moved on to the Sandy Bay Yacht Club for the reception. The function room has one side facing the water, and I happened to be seated at the back of the room facing the water view.

The view is pretty enough at the best of times, yachts swaying in the gentle seas of the docks. However, just as desert was being served, I looked up and saw the lighting had changed, the sun had set, and it looked, well like this: (please click on it for the full view)

2 comments: