Sunday, March 6, 2011

Random Tasmania Food

Another  blog for Frogpondsrock 's Sunday Selections! Go and check out hers and all the others linked there!


So far most of my sunday selections have shown off some off some of the natural beauty of Tasmania. Today I thought I might show off my other favourite part of Tasmania: the food!




















Sourdough bread from Companion Bakery, Oatlands




















Both photos above feature Bruny Island Cheese
















Tasmanian Angus Beef steak sandwich at Festivale.
















A table full of fresh fruit and vegetables at the Tasmania Farm Gate Market





















Lamb Kebab, Baklava and Kataifi from Estia Greek Festival





Glutinous rice balls
Goyza at Umai Kingston 



















Rare Food Tasmania 


 
Grandvewe Cheese

11 comments:

  1. Oh, that makes me so hungry! Very envious after looking at the pic from Festivale too. I had plans to get there this year, but a li'l bub prevented that. Maybe next year. Now, time to go and find something to eat from our own Tassie garden... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the meat ones these images are making my mouth water, lovely vibrant colours. The black & white cheese images are very arty, the texture is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos again this week Marc, I am pleased that I have had brekky :) I did a daylong cheesemaking course with Nick Haddow a few years ago and I loved the mans passion for his cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is so watering now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. The black and white photo of Bruny Island CHeese I took at Launcestons Festivale. Nick (owner/cheesemaker/local food advocate) loves the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying not to snack all day, then I come here and see this!
    Gorgeous, gorgeous food!
    Really good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mouthwatering. Love all those shots. Food, glorious foohood....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those zucchinis are fantastic! Such vibrant colours. I must get to the Farm Gate Market some time soon, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images, I can almost taste it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!
    Especially love the black and whites!

    I'm very much rethinking my lunch plans now....
    K K

    ReplyDelete